Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 11 2D Design

GROUP EXERCISE – Concept Evaluation
Reflecting on the effectiveness of your design process and concept communication
PART 1 – 20 mins
The GROUP verbally evaluates each member’s 2D Exhibition work
Scribe writes a summary paragraph on the 2 points below for each member
1. Effectiveness of design process
2. Effectiveness of concept communication
3. Progress in the last week
PART 2 - 10 mins Blog
Each student post the group results in your blog with images and descriptive text

To make evaluation of each others projects we gave a score out of 10 for each criteria as seen below.

Warwick 2D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
9
9
9
9
Effectiveness of concept communication
9
9
9
9

Josie 2D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
5
5
6
6
Effectiveness of concept communication
6
5
7
6

Billie 2D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
7
7
7
6
Effectiveness of concept communication
7
7
6
6

Sunita


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
6
6
6
6
Effectiveness of concept communication
5
6
6
5

Progress in the last week:

Myself;
In the past week I have made touch ups and modifications to my images. They have been put into appropriate format and have been handed over to Damien to print on the beast printer with semi gloss paper. Also I have researched framing companies that I can call to get quotes on having the prints applied to MDF and framed.

Josie;
My progress hasn’t moved so much as my design is final therefore all I have been doing is scrounging up materials for my 3D components and refining my logo lettering. I cant complete my logo as I want the materials I use for the 3D aspect to look the same as my 2D logo. Once I complete the 3D component then I shall finish the logo.

Warwick;

Once upon a time there was a boy who saved all his work and then one day a File Pirate came along and stole his Ai file. A i Captain!

On a serious note I did lost my Ai file for my MB Logo for 2D Design but I re-created it and added a couple of different types of grass. One using typical grass modified from google images and the second one was with Josie helping me to create a custom grass brush tool in photshop then dropped it into my new Ai file logo. It still looks a bit busy so I may have to simplify it to a few blades of grass so it can print. Lucky the Pirate didn’t find the treasure which was on my Gold USB stick! ARRRR!!



PRACTICAL – Design Realisation
20 mins – Develop 2D Exhibition Designs / 5 mins Blog

My 2D design has gone through some changes but I think my new concept will be more effective. I will be printing two images in with different effects and have a banner with TIMOR LESTE tying the images together. Each of the images will be printed at about A2 size then attached to MDF by a printing company. When displayed each of the different images will be attached to the wall at different depths by attaching wooden sides. Lighting may be applied to give shadows to exaggerate the depths.








These are my images I am working on to print. I have had some difficulties because I forgot to work on the files as CYMK instead of RGB so I am having to test and change colours and textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment