Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 11 3D Design

GROUP EXERCISE – Concept Evaluation
Reflecting on the effectiveness of your design process and concept communication
PART 1 – 20 mins
The GROUP verbally evaluates each member’s 3D Exhibition work
Scribe writes a summary paragraph on the 2 points below for each member
1. Effectiveness of design process
2. Effectiveness of concept communication
3. Progress in the last week
PART 2 - 10 mins Blog
Each student post the group results in your blog with images and descriptive text

To make evaluation of each others projects we gave a score out of 10 for each criteria as seen below.

Warwick 3D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
6
8
7
5
Effectiveness of concept communication
6
8
8
5


Josie 3D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
4
4
5
4
Effectiveness of concept communication
4
4
5
5


Billie 3D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
7
8
7
8
Effectiveness of concept communication
7
8
7
6


Sunita 3D


Warwick
Josie
Billie
Sunita
Effectiveness of design process
7
8
7
8
Effectiveness of concept communication
7
7
7
7


Progress in the last week;

Myself;
My progress for the past week included experimenting and finding different materials that could work for the style of rood I want on my traditional house. Also thinking about how I want to place my half house on the wall.

Josie;
My progress is somewhat slowing to a halt.
Lettering: My Materials are there but I wont get the MDF for the lettering until sometime this week and from there it will go to the laser cutters. 
Circles: Unfortunately I cant use Perspex so I’m going to use acetate and cut the circles out with a compass Blade.


Warwick;
I have researched the different types of artificial grass to use as a base for my Irrigation Coffee table. Josie informed me that Bunnings had fake grass sold by the metre so I went on their website and looked at the different types available. Its roughly $30/m for the base grade stuff so I might need a couple of metres. I need to go in and check it out.



PRACTICAL – Design Realisation
20 mins – Develop 3D Exhibition Designs / 5 mins Blog

My exhibition design has finally taken shape. I have built two prototypes  to give me different perspective and ideas for how I want the final product to come together. Here is an image of both prototypes;



New idea was given to me by Te to use an old straw broomstick as the materials for the roof instead of collecting sticks which may become time consuming and lose consistency. I was thinking to display the house at the exhibition I will have it standing on a table on top of some dirt with a light shining up on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cQRkx1Ortg

This video was very insightful as to how I can give my roof different layer affect and attach my straw effectively. I was thinking that I could just apply a thin layer of glue and lay out one layer of straw but after watching this video I realized I could scale it down and use string to tie bundles together and then tie several bundles together and thumb tac or glue that one layer then build up from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment