Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 8 3D Design


GROUP EXERCISE – Concept Realisation

Selecting:
Materials – Paddle pop-sticks, twigs
Tools – Stanley knife,
Equipment - Balsa wood

PRACTICAL – Concept Realisation

Work on your 3D Exhibition piece(s)



So far as one of my prototypes I used a paper drawing that I did to make the image come off the background. I drew the front first and then measured how wide I would want the house. Then i added extra space to make folds and glue it to the background image and to the front image of the house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j54zXtTHnc  

To see  how to use balsa wood and different ways to use it I found this video. This video was insightful because the guy talks about how to give it texture and that you can just use a craft knife to get the shapes you need in the balsa wood. Also he suggest type of glue that will be best to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment